Your first source for news!|Tuesday, December 12, 2017
You are here: Home » Community

Community

Achievement Center of Texas director advocates for special needs individuals

Andrew Mlcak, who recently became executive director at the Achievement Center of Texas, was raised by parents who encouraged helping others and that’s what he has done throughout his career.   “I think that’s probably my calling in life, to help people, especially people with disabilities,” he said. “My parents were probably the most generous people I’ve ever known ...Full Article

Enjoy Easter Egg-Stravaganza at Firewheel Town Center

Firewheel Town Center will celebrate the arrival of the Easter Bunny with an afternoon of family fun during its annual Easter Egg-Stravaganza. The event will be from 12 p.m.-2 ...Full Article

Only a week away, test drive Ford, earn $20 for Habitat

Randall Reed’s Prestige Ford and Garland Area Habitat for Humanity are teaming up for the Drive One 4UR Community event Saturday, March 25. Ford will donate $20 for everyone ...Full Article

Don’t miss renowned guitarist Trace Bundy

Internationally acclaimed finger-style guitar virtuoso Trace Bundy will bring his artistry to Garland Friday, April 21, in a full concert to be held in the sanctuary of First Presbyterian ...Full Article

Remington College offers prom night makeovers

The cost for high school students to go to the prom can add up quickly – there are tickets, a dress or tux, a trip to the salon and ...Full Article

Salvation Army rededicates Boys & Girls Club facility

The Salvation Army recently rededicated a newly remodeled Boys & Girls Club at its community center in Garland. The ceremony was attended by members of The Salvation Army’s local ...Full Article

Alan Cumming entertains at An Evening of Hope Gala

Hope’s Door New Beginning Center hosted An Evening of Hope Gala Feb. 25 featuring Broadway and television star, Alan Cumming. Guests enjoyed his brilliant performance, a wide variety of ...Full Article

Crossroads Serve Teams impact local nonprofit

Feb. 19 was a project Sunday for members of Crossroads Church in Rowlett.  Approximately 300 members broke into smaller Serve Teams to complete projects throughout the community. One nonprofit ...Full Article

Cameroon soccer builds teamwork, house

Sometimes it takes a village to build a home – and sometimes it takes a soccer team! Garland Area Habitat for Humanity is always looking for capable volunteers – ...Full Article

Good Shepherd Catholic Church dedicates new facility

Good Shepherd Catholic Church at 1304 Main St. in downtown Garland celebrated the dedication of its new $7.9 million church building Saturday, Feb. 11.   The mass was celebrated ...Full Article
Page 5 of 21« First...34567...1020...Last »